We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and Equipment, specifically information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number(“Personal Data”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as traffic data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Website, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website;
- about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details; or
- about your Equipment, such as its serial number, location, operational data, condition, fault codes, emissions data, fuel usage, service media hours, software and hardware version numbers, and installed attachments (“Equipment Data”).
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Website (such as usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies) and/or use our Equipment; and
- from third parties, for example, our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we may collect from you includes:
- information that you provide to us directly on our Website or on forms or other applications you complete, whether in writing, in person, by phone, electronically, or by other means;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; and
- Equipment Data.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, specifically:
- details of your visits to our Website, such as traffic data, location, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Website, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- information about your computer and Internet connection, specifically your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests; and
- recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to collect certain information relating to your use of the Website. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the Website analyze how users use the site. You can find out more about how Google uses data when you visit our Website by visiting “How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps,” (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/). We may also use Google Analytics Advertising Features or other advertising networks to provide you with interest-based advertising based on your online activity. For more information regarding Google Analytics please visit Google's website, and pages that describe Google Analytics, such as www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
When you use our Equipment, it may be equipped with operations and telematics hardware and software (“Telematics”) that are capable of transmitting information about the Equipment, including their condition and operational data via cellular, satellite, and Bluetooth signals.
The information we automatically collect via the Telematics platform may include Equipment Data or we may maintain it or associate it with Equipment Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our products and services by enabling us to:
- develop statistical studies;
- understand performance issues;
- conduct market research; and
- monitor and manage the health and efficiency of our Equipment.
If you are a purchaser, leaser, renter, or end-user of our Equipment, please review our Notice of Equipment Data Collection.