Real energy-savings are the result of the right dryer and optimized dryer control system. A dryer should only consume electrical power when actually drying air.
For example, a Dual Control dryer is ideally suited for applications with varying demand. Its direct expansion, on/off load refrigeration system ensures a consistent dew point. With a 60% air demand, the controller tells the digital scroll refrigeration compressor to operate loaded at 60% of the time. With the compressor off during the remaining time, 40% of dryer power consumption is saved.
In another example, a Demand Manager dryer with its non-cycling, direct expansion refrigerant system and rapid response by-pass will ensure tight temperature control and uniform performance in applications having consistent demand.
The auto start/stop timer, standard on both models, also contributes to energy savings by allowing the dryer to automatically start and shut off at pre-determined times.
Plus, every kilowatt saved reduces emissions. A dryer running in an air system may handle perhaps 50 to 70% of the full load - conditions that particularly favor a Dual Control dryer. Annual savings can run into thousands of dollars.